Sigma’s Recent Shipments Around the World
Sigma continually ship machinery of all sizes around the world and cater to your needs and requirements. Below is a list of some of our most recent shipments and also testimonials and customer feedback.
- Large Bomag roller shipped from Genoa, Italy to Laem Chabang in Thailand
- Large wheeled tree shredder from Scotland to the South of France, towed on the road all the way
- Wheeled Bitelli paver shipped from Southampton, UK to Port Klang, Malaysia
- CAT D7R bulldozer shipped from Antwerp to Lagos, Nigeria
- CAT D8R bulldozer shipped from Houston, Texas to Tema, Ghana
- Wheeled Caterpillar excavator shipped from Germany to Djibouti for onward transport to Ethiopia, with the National Carrier, Ethiopian Shipping Lines
- Rough Terrain crane from Scandinavia to Walvis Bay, Namibia
- Komatsu excavators from England to Ho Chi Minh and Hai Phong ports, Vietnam
- Extec E7 Screen to Jamaica
- Shipment of 2 x Hitachi crawler cranes to Chittagong, Bangladesh – mixture of flat rack containers and open top containers
- Quarry crushers and screens from 3 different ports in Europe to Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania – all shipped on the same liner vessel, arriving the same day!
Shipping Projects We Have Completed and Customer Feedback
CAT 140G to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Sigma has shipped a CAT 140G for one of our customers from Houston, USA to Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. This machine was shipped via a 40ft Flat Rack Container. This service we provided included lashing and loading. Pre-Carriage haulage and customs clearance was also included with the Shipping process.
The machine was shipped RORO, which means it was driven onto the ship and not loaded into a container. Loading Caterpillar 140G graders into a 40 foot container is possible, and often reduces the shipping cost. However, this does involve some dismantling, including removing the cab and wheels, and sliding the machine into the container. Sigma ensures this is done carefully and professionally, without damage to the machine or container. This means when the machine arrives, you have to reassemble the grader. If you do not have expertise at hand to do this, RORO might be a preferable option.
In this case, RORO was actually cheaper than dismantling the grader and shipping in a container, so we arranged the grader to be shipped as a vehicle. The photos show the grader sitting on the quay next to the vessel, waiting to be loaded. The 140G was the last machine on the ship, and our haulier was invited by the ship’s crew to close the hydraulic doors to seal the vessel…!
The machine shipped safely and arrived in Dar Es Salaam without incident, and on schedule. As usual, we update our clients twice a week, even if there is no news – we understand you want to know that everything is still on track.
Movax Hammer Attachment
Sigma supplied a Movax Hammer Attachment to one of our good customers in Finland. This was shipped from the UK in a 7 day transport time!
Dynapac F161-8W Asphalt Paver Shipped to Thailand
Our shipping team successfully arranged this 2007 Dynapac F161-8W Asphalt Paver with Inland haulage within the UK from Lincoln to Southampton. This machine was then shipped from Southampton to Laem Chabang, Thailand with a 33 day transit time. This deal was done on an LC.
Hamm Rollers Dismantled and Shipped to Haiphong
Sigma successfully dismantled and shipped 2 Hamm Rollers in 2 x 40ft High cube containers. These were shipped from Felixstowe to Haiphong, and our customer was really happy with the service we provided!