Sigma Shipping – Going Beyond
Sigma Shipping are specialists in deep sea and short sea shipments of self propelled and static construction equipment cargo. Operating between major ports worldwide, we have capability to move RORO, containerised and oversized freight on modern and flexible vessels.
Sigma ensures your equipment arrives safely and on time, and keeps you updated every step of the way. We offer very competitive shipping rates and can offer the following services:
- RORO freight for large in-gauge or out of gauge (OOG) tracked units such as excavators, bulldozers or crushers
- RORO freight for trucks or wheeled machinery – wheel loaders, wheeled excavators
- Container shipping for small items, 20 foot and 40 foot shipping containers
- Open top container for high machines or equipment that must be lifted in through the top of the container
- Flat rack shipping for tracked/wheeled/static units too large for container shipment
- Machinery dismantling for excavators, rollers and other machines
- Container packing /container stuffing for used machinery
- Pallet and road haulage
- Road heavy haulage for wide/heavy loads
- Airfreight for urgent and small equipment
- Airfreight for crates or pallets of high value/urgent equipment
- Mechanics for dock assistance and machine in port repairs
- Stevedores for handling loading/container dispatch
The bulk of our freight is used equipment which includes large heavy construction machinery including crushers, screens, excavators, bulldozers, wheel loaders and piling rigs. We have repair technicians and machine packers in most major ports globally. They can handle heavy, oversized road haulage across Europe and the US.
If you are looking for a shipping agent to handle the export and import of your machinery, Sigma PlantFinder has years of experience.
Leveraging off our history of several decades of purchasing used equipment, we have a stringent and robust purchasing process. This is designed to prevent fraud and an incorrect description of machinery. We can offer our clients fast and low-risk equipment procurement.
Our experience covers all aspects of used construction equipment, and we have shipped mining, road construction, quarry, earthmoving and piling equipment. These include places such as Europe, UK, Africa, North America, Far East and Caribbean.
Submit your Shipping Enquiry Here
Why Choose Us?
With partners providing short sea and ferry shipments. We also can support international freight movements within continents, providing high-frequency schedules and economical service.
Established initially to obtain control of our own freight movements, Sigma has expanded to provide a full-capability shipment service for all types of machinery. Handling pre-shipment inspections, in-port repairs, machine dismantling and cleaning is our way of life, ensuring you get the smoothest and most reliable service possible. Our mantra is to report to you before you ask – delivering ultimate peace of mind.
Sigma can also help with Customs clearance and Export documents. Whatever your requirements, Sigma will undertake to deliver total customer happiness on all shipments. Whether you are looking to ship a bulldozer to West Africa or a crawler crane to Vietnam, we are the transport company you are looking for.
With years of experience and a network running to hundreds of partner companies, our skilled team members are able to provide quick responses and cost/feasibility quotes, allowing you to make the most informed decision on your shipments.
Our experienced Aftersales team make it their number one priority to keep our customers as up to date as possible and we execute your project up to the point of delivery. To us, every customer is unique and we tailor our service to your needs. With regular shipping updates and after delivery courtesy calls, customers are made to feel comfortable at every point throughout the sale.