How is soil stabilization carried out?
Soil stabilization can be extremely beneficial to your road construction projects and save you time and money. Soil stabilization by using the below method.
- A powdered soil stabilization agent is added to the earth along the path the road will take.
- Using a specially designed multipurpose machine, this agent is then set using a measured amount of water.
- After your soil stabilization agent has set (24hours), the asphalt layer of your road is laid down as with normal road construction.
Benefits of this type of road construction are:
- Minimises construction time by up to 80%
- Minimises costs by up to 50%
- Optimal compressive load
- Environmentally friendly
- Minimises maintenance costs
You can view our most effective new technologies for road construction here.
Below is a diagram showing the differences between the innovative construction methods next to conventional construction methods.
Although the machines are designed to carry out this innovative process, they also include multipurpose options for use in other road construction and rehabilitation projects.
The CAT RM500 has many enhanced features and options including its ability in full reclamation and soil stabilization applications.
CAT RM500 Rotary Mixer
Take a look at our amazing range of soil stabilization machines