A low loader is a semi-trailer with two drops in deck height. This allows the deck to be extremely low compared with other trailers which provides the ability to carry loads up to 12ft tall. Below are two featured low loaders designed for heavy duty transportation.
Low loader trucks are essential within most firms dealing with heavy machinery and industrial equipment. Africa continues to improve its road infrastructure and economy with new quarries and trucks like this are heavily in demand; however they are hard to come by.
They are equipped with hydraulic suspension and include special features such as length-optimised loading platform and the low loading height which enables time and cost efficiency. Their carrying abilities include:
- Construction machines (excavation and road construction, recycling, road grooving machine transport, crushing equipment and screening equipment.
- Wind power plants (tower segments, generators, rotor or turbine blades, hybrid towers)
- Forestry machines (harvester, skidder, forwarder)
- Farming machines (combine harvesters, tractors, beet harvesters, silage wagons, liquid manure tanks)
- Industrial parts (crane-loaded goods, vessels, ring transport)
- Precast concrete parts
- Bulky goods and heavy loads.
View our full range of low loader trailers